Not according to Target or any write ups I’ve read on it.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, June 4, 2019, 12:52 PM, Clark Morris <cfmt...@uniserve.com> wrote:

[Default] On 4 Jun 2019 08:56:03 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
00000047540adefe-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu (Bill Johnson) wrote:

>From the you can’t make this up department. Mr. Marchant agrees with me.
>
>https://www.compuware.com/proving-z13-modern/

Considering that he is writing for a mainframe systems software vendor
that provides APF authorized code, he has some interest in
perpetuating the mainframe.  Also RACF is a separately priced add-on
item>  Does IBM require that you license RACF or approved third party
equivalent as a condition of running z/OS?  Is there a mechanism for
third party vendors that provide software that runs APF authorized to
be somehow included in the statement of integrity or have recognized
equivalents?

I suspect that the data that was involved in the famous Target
retailer breach was residing on a mainframe and was gotten by using
credentials that were stolen from a supplier that had valid access to
the data.  I think the initial breach was at the supplier that was
probably not running a mainframe system.

Clark Morris