my nasi's mom got a hot brand when she came to US but she was in
Texas, where hot branding (yipie tie yie yo) is a big deal.There was
some discussion on some list re: brands recently.  Some states require
brands?  I think.  Or at least they require you to have some brand
official record when you travel state to state?  SOmething like that.
I would never hot brand a horse, I am leery of microchipping cause of
cancer concerns.  I MIGHT consider freeze branding or tattooing altho
they say tattooing wears off, you could do it every few years or
something.  Every horse I have has very unique identifying
characteristics but Tivar, and honestly I see so many icelandics that
look exactly like him its scarey.  we had a bad experience, while out
of town we paid a young girl to come feed.  She later told us, thank
goodness, that when she came to feed she had brought a guy she was
dating at the time and that he had "fell madly in love with nasi" and
that when leaving had told her "man, I could just pull up in a trailer
and load him up and no one would ever know where he went".  She had
broken up with him and called to tell us he knew the secret spot we
hid our gate key in and that it was a concern since he had come with
her three days in a row and on the last day had actually taken nasi
out of the paqddock on a lead and "played with him some" and had made
a comment that "these horses cost a lot of money don't they".  So we
bought new gate locks and keys etc.   But its still very scarey.

When I brag about my horses to people I am very careful not to mention
exactly where I live.
Janice
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to