>>> Kevlar is pretty lightweight and its protective as all get out. I would 
>>> want to protect against potential injuries if I was expecting my horse 
>>> to do a lot of fast gaiting such as at a competition...its easier to 
>>> protect than repair an injury. I don't know why the weight is going to 
>>> add protectiveness?

That's been the point of this discussion.   Weight manipulates gait.  There 
are some very lightweight fabric-type bell boots that only weigh a couple of 
ounces, and even the older, rubber bell boots only weigh something like four 
ounces.  There is no earthly reason to try to pass 10.6 ounce boots off as 
"protection" when you can do the same job with 2 ounces.

BTW,  Kevlar won't rip, and thus lies its "bulletproof" traits.  There has 
to be something underneath it to protect from concussive injuries.  Sorry, I 
just got home from working on a project in a plant that makes Kevlar... Hey, 
I get to live this glamorous life, while others only dream...:)

Karen Thomas, NC

Reply via email to