>>>> Right now I am riding one shod horse (Hunter) and one barefoot (Tosca).
My farrier swears she still doesn't need shoes.  She's very surefooted with
her little bare feet.


I've had boots for years, but I don't use them that often.  My horses can
for the most part, ride in all the areas we ride barefoot.   I've had a
couple of times though when even my barefoot horses needed boots - like when
one horse blew an abscess and was a little tender for a few days.   And my
old QH had probably foundered before we got him (we realized after we bought
him) and he would be a little tender after a trim.   He eventually got over
that.  If I had a horse where I had to use boots on a daily basis, I'd
consider shoeing him/her - I'd at least consider it.   This is one of the
many issues re: horses where I feel there is no exact, black and white, road
map to follow.



Karen Thomas, NC



No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.0/1296 - Release Date: 2/24/2008
12:19 PM


Reply via email to