>>----- Original Message ----
> From: Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>...the boots are PROTECTIVE, they can be as heavy as they want them to be 
>  (up to what, 300 gms? or 10.? oz) and they are OK.
>  
> The FEIF rules are written for shows and evaluations done on flat, groomed
> tracks. Why would any healthy, reasonably well-conformed horse need protection
> on that sort of surface? ...
> 
>... I sure wouldn't be breeding a horse that interfered on a level, flat 
>surface. 
>  
> Karen Thomas, NC
> 
Is there a reason why protective boots need to have a certain weight to be 
"protective"? Kevlar is pretty lightweight and its protective as all get out. I 
would want to protect against potential injuries if I was expecting my horse to 
do a lot of fast gaiting such as at a competition...its easier to protect than 
repair an injury. I don't know why the weight is going to add protectiveness?
Ashley

Reply via email to