I have a friend who rents an apt on an Icelandic horse farm in Bend, 
OR and said the owner was going to send her 5 y/o filly to the meat 
market because she has 30 other Iceys and this one has issues and 
didn't think she could sell her. So I told my friend to talk to this 
woman and let her know I would help and asked what she wanted for the 
horse. Her meat price (I can't even believe I'm writing this) would 
be $800. She said she'd take $1000 but I would offer her $800 first, 
she'd probably take it. 

About the filly, she's a buckskin Icelandic WITH papers. Apparently 
her issue is mainly around her head. She is totally sound. When my 
friend moved to this place she saw this filly with her halter grown 
into her face and had to cut it off. She is extremely head shy and is 
very hard to catch. Gee, I wonder why. Again, it makes me sick to 
think about this. 

If someone...anyone on this list is interested, please email me at 
[EMAIL PROTECTED] I will put you in contact with either my 
friend or the owner, I'll find out who would be best today. I just 
ask that please, if you are interested and you DO contact this owner, 
as awful as she sounds, be pleasant and just do what you have to do 
to get this filly. If you question or attack her, she surely will not 
let this filly go to you over her own pride. Obviously her idea of 
horse ownership is vastly different then the rest of us here. I would 
take this horse, it sounds like all she needs is some good natural 
horsemanship, but I'm clear across the country in NH!!

Thank you!
Heather
https://home.comcast.net/~stoneybrookfarm/
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to