Renee Martin wrote:
>I am fully expecting to payat least $5 a bale for my standard grass >mix, 50
>lb. bales. (that's not delivered, but picked up off the >wagon ourselves).-
>that is 50 cents higher than last> yearLast >year I paid $3.75 and $4.00
>(depending on the cutting)> . . it's >a great feeling to have a full
>barn.<--
HEy Renee,
In Oct we paid $4.00 a bale and got 300bales then in Dec/Jan we $5.00ea.and we
got
a 150 bales. In the fall we start to gather about 400bales for the winter.
We had hay farmers don't worry "we got lots of hay for you all winter long. We
have be screwed to many times
wehere they run out in the dead of winter. Tweo yrs ago our farmer told us no
problem I got lots of hay for you,
then a month later the guy just varnished in thin air and no one heard or seen
him since>.
It is getting scarey with hay prices.
Thank goodness we now can give 1 meal with fresh grass and the other meal with
hay.
It another month or 2 we will have get a 100bales. I don't even want to think
on how much the hay is going to be?
Yes I like to have "MY HAY" paid in full sitting waiting for our 9horses to eat
it. SO now by Oct we like to about
400 bales in the barn.
ANne