> I have long-term concerns about hay-supplies, and the cost of hay.

I just filled my barn last night with hay for the year at
$4.50/bale(approx 50-65 lb bales) - that is 50 cents higher than last
year - and it's a great feeling to have a full barn.  I feed oat hay
and have been very happy with it - my supplier, who is nearby, showed
me the analysis from last year and his oat hay was better than his
fescue or orchard grass hay - the one drawback is that it is higher in
sugar so not good for an IR horse.


-- 
Laree in NC
Doppa & Mura
Simon, Sadie and Sam (the "S" gang)

"Yet when all the books have been read and reread, it boils down to
the horse, his human companion, and what goes on between them." -
William Farley

"I ride ponies because heart is not measured in hands." - Steve Edwards

Reply via email to