>
> I just filled my barn last night with hay for the year at
> $4.50/bale(approx 50-65 lb bales)

Wow -- I think that is going to be a good price this year.  I'm not familiar 
with oat hay (we don't have this around here that I'm aware of), but it 
sounds like it's decent roughage for horses.    I am fully expecting to pay 
at least $5 a bale for my standard grass mix, 50 lb. bales.   (that's not 
delivered, but picked up off the wagon ourselves).

- that is 50 cents higher than last
> year

Last year I paid $3.75 and $4.00  (depending on the cutting)

> . .  it's a great feeling to have a full barn.<

Oh I agree.   I LOVE going up in the hay mow and just breathing deeply when 
we get the first batch in.    This year I think I will also have a great 
sense of relief when I know I have enough hay and it's PAID for!

-- Renee M. in Michigan


Reply via email to