Apache for example has 'ab' as a tool for stress testing webservers. Look
for other similar tools maybe. I am guessing the clients aren't running on
routers itself, and it doesn't matter if it is.

On a desktop you can get away with running multiple wget's also.

for((i=1;i<100;i++)); do wget -O /dev/null "http://myserver.com"; & done

Then log as necessary based on time taken by wget.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 11:44 AM, Ashish Sharma <pocha.sha...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
>  I am new to whole linux kernel as well as networking domain. I am largely
> an application layer developer.
>
>  I have been working on customizing Openwrt routers with the intent of
> creating something like 'Whatsapp for Routers' which should be able to take
> care of 90% of serious networking needs (including corporates) without
> needing to employ a sys-admin.
>
>  I am on this for an year. Made some decent progress. Deployed some of the
> routers on production. Now hitting some scaling issues. I am now looking to
> create a testbed kind of setup where we could simulate 100 (or more)
> parallel networking clients who connect to the router, do some random
> downloads & log in a file as to time taken for downloads, errors if any.
>
>  For a start, I figured https://github.com/saravana815/dhtest is a good
> start point. It can help me create multiple of such clients which could do
> complete dhcp thing with the router. I am now trying to find a way to
> expand the code-base to have the ability to do http calls like download &
> upload.
>
>  Can somebody point me to the right code I would be looking at ? If
> someone has prior experience doing something similar, please share your
> work here.
>
> Thanks
> Ashish
>
> --