Hi Ashish,

--- On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 9:49 PM, Ashish Sharma
<pocha.sha...@gmail.com> wrote:
| I am not a Docker/VM expert - but I dont think using the above approach,  I
| will be able to spawn 100s or 1000s of clients as it would be constrained by
| system resource to spawn each of these VM/Docker.

You can. It depends on your hardware.

| I am guessing there is a lightweight way to get it done. If you look at
| https://github.com/saravana815/dhtest it is able to act as standalone DHCP
| client without needing any of separate interface or virtualization which has
| got me interested. Hence I am more interested going this route.

I am still not sure what parts of the networking stack you want to
test. If dhtest addresses your needs, then by all means use it.

| Openwrt has a way to separately plug only configuration through the router
| dashboard. Anything which is user specific, our user could download that
| from our site & then upload on his router. From the above change about
| launching a wizard, we are trying to automate this part.

Seriously, use this opportunity to learn an IT automation tool for
configuration and deployments. It will help you in the long run. For a

Shakthi Kannan

"Linux User Group @ IIT Delhi" group.
to iitdlug+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.