ab is a relevant tool to stress test webserver.

What I am looking for is similar tool to stress test a router which
includes following steps :-

1. A network client connection simulation which will trigger DHCP address
allocation by the router.
2. Once DHCP is done, the client can now upload/download list of files (one
by one) & log time taken to download. The idea is to be able to see how the
router is behaving (effectively how much time taken on downloading certain
files under how much load).

The issue is - tools like 'ab' - only serve the http part. All the 'ab'
instance will be like 1 single network client to the router & hence will
not truly simulate the real situation.

https://github.com/saravana815/dhtest is a way to force router to allocate
IP to each of the running client through DHCP. So far so good. But the tool
does not have tcp/ip or http stack integrated & I thought extending it
would be logical step.

What do you think ?