When will IMAIL have ssl 443 security for Outlook CLient access?  I get
asked all the time. Anyone? Anyone?  Bueller?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Manuel Alvarez
Sent: Saturday, July 26, 2003 8:37 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [imail] SPAM & Relay HELP!


>Come on, is anybody seeing the SMTPD
>"authenticated" lines?

Yes, I see...

07:26 03:02 SMTPD(00000BAC) Authenticated [EMAIL PROTECTED], session treated
as local.

>It appears that for 8.01 SMTP Auth does NOT
>have to be turned on at the client, yet Imail is still
>performing authorization (perhaps using the POP3
>connection which is usually established before any
>SMTP connections?).

I now think that what I said above about not needing SMTP Auth was simply
because I was sending from a local domain to a local domain - doh!

Manuel




______________________________________________________________________
The HKSI-IMail Admin List is hosted by........ Humankind Systems, Inc.
Questions, Comments or Complain like Hell.. mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message Archive............ http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To Manage your Subscription......... http://humankindsystems.com/lists




______________________________________________________________________
The HKSI-IMail Admin List is hosted by........ Humankind Systems, Inc.
Questions, Comments or Complain like Hell.. mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Message Archive............ http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To Manage your Subscription......... http://humankindsystems.com/lists

Reply via email to