Zeev Suraski wrote:
> We need to go back to the fundamentals - and look for use cases where
> strict typing would be substantially superior to weak typing.

I whole-heartedly agree. I can see some benefits of having weak typing
(even though I'm not desperate for it) and think it would better fit PHP
than strict typing.

If someone brings up real world use cases for strict typing then please
not only include the function being called but also the calling code as
in my experience that's where the type juggling will happen once you
have strict typing. And that's where weak typing could shine IMHO.

Regards,
- Chris