On 09.07.2009, at 10:39, Paul Biggar wrote:

I think we can take Lukas's RFC and either change it or write something based on it for weak typing only. If people here find it useful I'll go
ahead and do that.

I believe people don't want this. I wrote a set of rules, Lukas wrote
the RFC, and neither got anything like the support that strict typing
got.

Actually, in terms of weak typing we are now at 4 supporters of the general idea:
Paul B.,
Lukas,
Zeev,
Christian S.

Still a minority compared to the +1 votes for Ilia's strict typing proposal. Though it could be argued that a fair number only voted for the expansion of type hinting to scalar datatypes and did not really look into the entire strict vs. weak hinting stuff.

regards
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org