On 17/07/14 08:02, Zeev Suraski wrote:
> I think it is, given I believe it's the first time people are asking for
> this after PHP's been out for almost two decades...
> As the RFC itself suggests, you can use the current division for most use
> cases, including the ones mentioned above - they'd work in the vast
> majority of cases.

What has happened in the intervening 20 years is that we have moved from
having 16 bit computer systems on the desk to 64bit computers on our
wrists? Coming up with some new operator is a pointless distraction. The
ones we have are enough, they just need to be brought into the 21st
century consistently, yet still work on the historic machines some
people stile prefer ... just as PHP needs to handle unicode
transparently it also needs to handle 64bit integers ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL