On 13/03/15 23:48, Arvids Godjuks wrote:
> And actually, I would plea for a moment of sanity right now.
>
> As far as i'm concerned - the RM for the 7.0 had to step in a long time ago
> and said "guys, I do not accept any typehint proposals into the 7.0
> release, work it out and come back for 7.1".
> Because if this would be a commercial development before a release -
> feature would be scrapped and re-sheduled for later release.
> Why? Because the clusterf**k happened at RFC level already, the development
> itself is going to be haisty considering the timeline and definetly being
> bombarded by the protesters, countless critisism and so on. It is going to
> affect the projects. And that is a bad thing. Look past the damn typehint
> RFC's and just try to asses the big picture. Right now it's a tunnel vision
> for many on the list.

Seconded ...
There are more important things to get right, so perhaps just protecting
the hooks for type hints is the best that can be fully supported in PHP7 ?
Lets simply get the ground rules on naming conventions and what is
reserved and the like to start the path to bigger things later?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL