On 26/03/09 21:39, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> On 2009-03-13 12:09 +0000, Tuomo Valkonen wrote:
> Has anyone any experience of a simple coLinux setup?
> That wouldn't mess hibernate/standby up? With internal
> samba? No udev and other crap; Windows handles devices.

I used to use it for a while with the default-debian-image, which I
upgraded to a recent version. Hibernation works flawlessly, as it is just a
Windows-Application as any other. It's much faster as cygwin. I don't know
if it can be suspended alone, so you can reboot windows without rebooting
your Linux.

I even used it to connect to my real XFS-partition of the real Linux
besides my Windows, so I could access the data via samba, because there is
no XFS-driver for Windows.

I used XMing as X-Server, which was quite fast.

I don't use it anymore, because Windows drove me crazy, so now I
virtualized Windows in VirtualBox for the few applications I need.

-
        Klaus

--
BOFH excuse #266: