I must admit that I'm interested in a transition guide from Bert's
library to Jallib...
Since I have the book here next to me, I've started with reforming the
first program of the book :-) Blink 2 leds!

They should be put next to each other, and comment should be added.
The biggest change is that there are some more parameters that should
be added (which were in the other includes before :-))

Due to my book being in Dutch, I'll have some mix of English and
Dutch, but my plan is to make this 'guide' bilingual: English and
Dutch!
I could use some help with commenting these things in simple words (so
that I and others understand these changes easily).

I've used the blink_a_led from this website for the 16F877, I removed
the credits because this would make them somewhat 'messy'. That's
something to be cleared out later on.
==============================================
= Bert's version: I've named this one (01_Blink_a_led_Bert.jal) =
==============================================

-- JAL 2.0.4
include 16f877_bert

-- definities
pin_c4_direction = output
pin_d3_direction = output

forever loop

        -- LEDs in stand 1
        pin_d3 = high
        pin_c4 = low
        delay_1s(1)

        -- LEDs in stand 2
        pin_d3 = low
        pin_c4 = high
        delay_1s(1)

end loop

===============================================
= Jallib's version: I've named this one (01_Blink_a_led_Jallib.jal) =
===============================================

-- JAL 2.4h
include 16f877
include delay

-- commands to programmer
pragma target OSC HS               -- HS crystal or resonator
pragma target clock 20_000_000     -- oscillator frequency
--
pragma target WDT  disabled
pragma target LVP  disabled

-- disable analog I/O (if any)
enable_digital_io()

-- definities
pin_C4_direction = output
pin_D3_direction = output

forever loop

        -- LEDs in stand 1
        pin_D3 = high
        pin_C4 = low
        delay_100ms(10)

        -- LEDs in stand 2
        pin_D3 = low
        pin_C4 = high
        delay_100ms(10)

end loop


Something else: is there an alternative for JALedit ? It crashes a lot
here, so I'd like to have a more stable piece of software with the
same capabilities.

@development board: What about this one then:
http://jallib.blogspot.com/2009/06/pic-18f4k50-usb-interface-board-part-1.html.
You've responded to that post already with some feedback I see :-)
What I think that would be useful is to make this development board
pincompatible with the arduino, so you can use their shields too. It
would help such board a whole lot further!

Toon
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to