> Yes, there are "step by step" tutorials on jalliblog. You can access them
> clicking on "step by step" label on the right:
>
> OK, no "Step by step: blinking a LED" but I'm on it (with 18F4550) ! And
> once ADC libs are released, I'll write few posts on this topic too. But
> you're right, there's no logical order. Maybe we can create a sticky post,
> pointing to the main sections of jalliblog. Would need to be updated on each
> post creation.

http://jallib.blogspot.com/ looks confusing for beginners. When you go
to the main page, you see "PIC 18f14k50 USB Interface Board: Part 1",
Is this where a beginner should start? I built hard disk libs and
still have not done USB. Beginners want to see basic, very very basic.
They want to be told what to do like in school.

I would suggest that there should be a step by step on the first page.
eg:

Just starting out? You should try the following examples first:
1. What is jal, what is a pic?
2. Choosing a pic
3. Installing your pic on a board and test with blink a led
4. Changing your code to blink 3 leds in a row
5. using variables & operators
6. making a procedure & function
7. We also suggest the following links for beginners......

Then, all other tutorials should be listed with a difficulty level

> Finally, don't you think there should also be a "step by step: having fun
> with hard drives" ? :)
> So... let me know if you want a jalliblog account :)

I agree and I would love to, however I do not have time at the moment,
I have other stuff I would like to work on first such as fat32. I will
at least look over the diagrams and writings that I have created so
far to see how much time it will take me to put together a new
tutorial. I have created a tutorial on my website www.borntechi.com/ide.php
however it is a bit old. I would like a jalliblog account.

Other suggestions:
1. Someone should create a jallib book. Some people just like books.
2. jallib language reference sucks, the manual's layout is horrible
and needs to be updated. http://www.casadeyork.com/jalv2/language.html
3. some basic procedures/functions should be added to jallib that are
available no matter what chip you are using, and you should not have
to do an include for these functions. An explanation of these should
be added into the language reference.

One example might be this function:

my_val = word_split(word in myword, byte in byte_select). -- get a
byte out of a word

Beginners do not know how to do this, however they may need this
often. Instead they get truncation warnings or may have to post on jal
list. Then they think they may sound stupid for asking such a basic
question.

I understand that having this in a function may be a waste of
processing time and memory space but it will be easy for beginners.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to