2009/7/20 Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>:
>
>  - we should also have a connector for serial comms. Here I can see 3 options:
>    1. using a DB9 connector, and MAX232 chip. Big.
>    2. using a FTDI converter. Small. Expensive.
>    3. as Albert Faber suggested in the post, using a 18F14K50 to
> build this converter. Cheaper than FTDI. (as far as I'm concerned, I
> can't easily find this chip, except with high shipping rate, making it
> almost as expensive as a FTDI chip).
>    4. No other connector. We use the first, and use a USB bootloader.
> Guru Albert already developed one with jal (but bigger than tiny
> bootloader, see later). Serial comms. are done through this USB
> connector. I'd personally prefer to have a connector wired to TX/RX,
> in addition to USB connector.

And if we do none of the above, we can have a 4-pin header:
- ground
- 5v
- tx
- rx
Cheap, small and still ease to access serial port (with only one
convertor you like for all your boards).


>  - I²C: alsways a must. An "I²C ready" board allows many experiments
> and is opened to many 3rdparty chips.
I propose a 5-pin header here with the following layout:
- ground
- scl
- sda
- 5v (= regulated ps of pic)
- 9v (= unregulated input ps)
 And optional pull-up resistors.

Joep

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to