mattschinkel wrote:
> Wayne,
> 
>> I think you mean that there is no JALv2/jallib website.  Well there is
>> this mailing list and the Docs on the the google jallib page.  You seen
>> to think a forum would be an improvement over what is currently there.
>> Why?
> 
> What you have here is good, for you guys. I do not want to change what
> you are doing since it is obvious that you do not want to change
> anything. After the site is built, you can take a look at it and
> decide weather you want to use it or not.
> 
> The reason I mirrored jallib to the forum is that if I did this, you
> would be able to use the same mailing list you are currently using
> without me changing your life or sending you extra email. However, a
> few emails where duplicated and sent to you. It was a mistake. I wish
> you would give me a chance to fix it instead of trashing my idea right
> away.
> 
>> What is better about the forum?
> For you Wayne, nothing. I want your current mailing system to say the
> same and not affect you at all. I want you to continue to use the
> jallib mailing list and google groups.
> 
> However, what is better for others is another story.
> 1. jalv2/jallib website and forum will contain all info in one place.
> Your jallib group can remain here the website can reflect the same
> info you have here, jallist, and other docs, data, how-to's, etc. It
> can contain links to sites such as http://www.casadeyork.com/jalv2/.
> All of this would be in an organized and easy to understand fashon for
> the public.
> 2. With forums, you can better monitor posts, edit posts, delete
> posts, organize posts, etc.
> 3. Users would not be required to use the forum, they can use the
> forums mailing list or post here or jallist.
> 4. All messages about jalv2/jallib would be contained in a central
> location under different topics. Web users could easily determin where
> to post there questions, and where not to. Messages could be searched
> by topic title.
> 
> Someone mentioned that your messages should not be posted on the forum
> without the author's permission. There are many other websites already
> "copying" your content without permission, such as "http://www.mail-
> archive.com/[email protected]/". I wish to have your permission,
> I should have asked in the first place.
> 
>> Your sending mail to my accounts without asking upset me.  The thought
>> of you setting up the forum to send posts from the forum to both jallib
>> and jallist bothered me.  I do not believe you meant to offend anyone,
>> but it seems it did.  Your intentions were good but your implementation was
>> faulty.
> 
> As I already said many times, It was a mistake that your emails
> duplicated. Why does it bother you that the forum will post to jallib?
> Only registered users of jallib will be able to post on the forum and
> have there post show up here at jallib and in the jallib mailing list.
> If a users posts on the forum and is not a jallib member, there
> message will be blocked.
> 
> I will not mirror jallib anymore unless you are willing to help by
> being patient, give feedback, and have an open mind.
> 
> I do not wish to own jalv2/jallib, Is there any way of having shared
> rights to a domain name?Wayne,
> 
>> I think you mean that there is no JALv2/jallib website.  Well there is
>> this mailing list and the Docs on the the google jallib page.  You seen
>> to think a forum would be an improvement over what is currently there.
>> Why?
> 
> What you have here is good, for you guys. I do not want to change what
> you are doing since it is obvious that you do not want to change
> anything. After the site is built, you can take a look at it and
> decide weather you want to use it or not.
> 
> The reason I mirrored jallib to the forum is that if I did this, you
> would be able to use the same mailing list you are currently using
> without me changing your life. However, somehow a few emails where
> duplicated and sent to you. This is what made you upset, it was a
> mistake. I wish you would give me a chance to fix it instead of
> trashing my idea right away. If I was able to fix it so you do not
> recieve extra mail, would this solution work for you?
> 
>> What is better about the forum?
> For you Wayne, nothing. I want your current mailing system to say the
> same and not affect you at all.
> 
> However, what is better for others is another story.
> 1. jalv2/jallib website and forum will contain all info in one place.
> Your jallib group can remain here the website can reflect the same
> info you have here, jallist, and other docs, data, how-to's, etc. It
> can contain links to sites such as http://www.casadeyork.com/jalv2/.
> All of this would be in an organized and easy to understand fashon for
> the public.
> 2. With forums, you can better monitor posts, edit posts, delete
> posts, organize posts, etc.
> 3. Users would not be required to use the forum, they can use the
> forums mailing list or post here or jallist.
> 4. All messages about jalv2/jallib would be contained in a central
> location under different topics. New users could easily determin where
> to post there questions, and where not to. Messages could be searched
> by topic title.
> 
> Someone mentioned that your messages should not be posted on the forum
> without the author's permission. There are many other websites already
> "copying" your content without permission, such as "http://www.mail-
> archive.com/[email protected]/". I wish to have your permission,
> I should have asked in the first place.
> 
>> Your sending mail to my accounts without asking upset me.  The thought
>> of you setting up the forum to send posts from the forum to both jallib
>> and jallist bothered me.  I do not believe you meant to offend anyone,
>> but it seems it did.  Your intentions were good but your implementation was
>> faulty.
> 
> As I already said many times, It was a mistake that your emails
> duplicated. Why does it bother you that a forum will post to jallib?
> Only registered users of jallib will be able to post on the forum and
> have there post show up here at jallib and in the jallib mailing list.
> If a users posts on the forum and is not a jallib member, there
> message will be blocked. no spam.
> 
> I do not wish to own jalv2/jallib, Is there any way of having shared
> rights to a domain name?
> 
> I will not mirror jallib anymore unless you are willing to help by
> being patient, give feedback, and have an open mind.
> 
> A website may be the way to go first, however I did not think building
> a forum would affect anyone, I did not expect you to change your ways
> and use a forum right away. I actually wanted to make sure a forum
> with mailing list capability could actually be possible, and it is.
> Maybe we can discuss jal.sunish.net more for now.
> 
> Wayne, please let me know what you think and where we should go from
> here.

Mat

I do not wish to rain on your parade.  You have expressed you opinion as 
have I.  I think we can agree to disagree.  Please carry on with you 
plan and I will sit back and observe.

The old saying 'The proof is in the pudding' will prevail.

I wish you well in your endeavors.

Wayne

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to