I'm also one of the newbies here trying to get started with PIC
microcontrollers (so that's even a step before any programming
language).

Because of the book of Bert Van Dam, I bumped into JAL. The book is
great! It makes it easy to start and reproduce the projects. You learn
PIC's, you learn JAL, and we're all happy!
But what do you do when the book's finished? You land in the open gap.
What about google ?

3rd hit: http://jal.sourceforge.net/ -- Latest update: 2004
5th hit: http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/JAL_%28compiler%29 -- More
recent, but where to go?
7th hit: http://www.voti.nl/jal/ -- Hmm, outdated.
This is where I stop looking further.

Where is JALlib in these google results ?
I don't even find it on the 1st page when I try 'jal pic', neither do
I when I look for 'jal v2'.

You CAN access it trough some sites you find in the results, but then
you find a page where you don't even know what to do ?

As stated before: the information IS there! It just isn't organised
enough for us - newbies!
I too am willing to contribute to a better way of PR, especially for
the ones that still need the guiding hand in the magical world of PIC
µC.

These are somewhat strategic decisions, but could be a giant leap for
mankind... err.. JAL (v2)/JALlib/others.

It's nice to have some road marks on the road, not everybody has the
money and experience for GPS yet :)

Greetings
Toon

PS: making a website that tells you what to do is peanuts, I did one
in half an hour: http://phalox.be/jal/
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to