Hi guys,

I probably get flamed for this...

I agree that 1 mbps sampling rate is low. This means when you have a
500khz signal, you only get 2 samples for each cycle. As we assume you
want to see signals as fast as a 16f88 can generate them, 2.5 MHz, and
want 4 samples per cycle, you need 10 msps. Yes I know, you don't get
a clear view of what is going on, but you see something and this is
the upper edge.
Same applies to number of bits. 8 bits give you a pretty good idea
what is going on.
I used a 20 MHz scope for 20 years and recently bought an 8bit 100msps
40 mhz DSO (DSO-2090) and did not come across situations where I
thought of getting the analog scope from the attic.
Of course I am not a professional hardware guy and I don't say that
the DSO is better in all aspects. I just say it is good enough for my
apps. And in many ways it is better: it handels one-shot signals,
triggers are easyer to set, time and voltage intervals are easier to
read, the view can be frozen, stored and printed. I like it a lot.

Joep

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to