This is true, most stores have 16F877/16F877A. This is the only PIC
that I have found common to all electronics stores in my area. Each
store also has random 18F pics.

At the counter of a store, a newbie would say "do you have 16F877"?
and the clerk would know what they are talking about. If they say "do
you have 18F2550", they will reply "what the heck is that???"

Matt.

On Mar 13, 12:21 pm, Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>
wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> 2010/3/13 m...@watty <[email protected]>
>
>
>
> > I agree that mentioning a wide range of chips is good, and I don't
> > suggest deletion of any reference to older chips. But examples and
> > tutorials should use the "reasonable" current choice of price/
> > performance.
>
> I would add "easy to find" in addition to price/performance. Obsolete PICs
> may be easier to find
>
> Cheers,
> Seb

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to