Hi Kiste,

Is autonegotiation also about detecting cross-over vs. straight connection ?
Any link ? I thought it was about half/full duplex and speed.

TIA
Cheers
Seb

2011/1/18 Oliver Seitz <[email protected]>

>
> > I'm not sure about the cable type though... I did the same
> > but with a
> > cross over cable. I didn't think a straight cable would
> > work.
>
> If the PC has gigabit network, it must be able to connect with both
> straight and crossover cables to both other network devices and
> switches/hubs/routers.
>
> If the network connector on the PC is only 10/100MBit, the "auto
> negotiation" capability is not mandatory, so here a crossover cable might be
> needed to directly connect the PC to the PIC.
>
> Greets,
> Kiste
>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "jallib" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<jallib%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to