> I just connected to serial debug. on power-up I got :
>
> !!!!!!!!!!
> sent arp request
> sent arp request

So, it looks like ARP is sending requests to your router but you are
not getting reply's. This would cause issues with PING. I'm not sure
why.

ARP is used to get the MAC address of a device on your network. This
is required for Ethernet.

> when I ping from pc to pic via cmd
> on serial I got :
> arp request recieved, sending reply
> arp request recieved, sending reply
> arp request recieved, sending reply
> arp request recieved, sending reply

Yes, you get this because your PC sends a broadcast message before
doing any ping since your router or PC does not know the PIC mac
address.

> on wireshark I got :
> 61      185.576342      192.168.1.11    192.168.1.60    ICMP    Echo (ping) 
> request
> (id=0x0200, seq(be/le)=34304/134, ttl=128)
> 62      185.580161      192.168.1.60    192.168.1.11    ICMP    Echo (ping) 
> reply
> (id=0x0200, seq(be/le)=34304/134, ttl=127)

This appears good, but if you click on the Wireshark echo reply,
you'll probably find that the destination MAC address is wrong. It
should be your routers. Can you please check the MAC addresses in
Wireshark and compare to your router MAC addresses?

> BTW I have an ENC28j60 shield with Arduino, but it pings
> perfectly(both on wireshark and cmd)

Thanks for your patients and thanks for trying this out. Your input is
great help! Hopefully we can get this fixed so others may use it as
well.

Matt.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en.

Reply via email to