On 2015-04-15 16:57, Matthew Schinkel wrote:
Hi Rob,

I took a guess and figured out you can SVN as well: https://github.com/jallib/Jallib.wiki.git/trunk/ <https://github.com/jallib/Jallib.git/trunk/>

But these are .md files, not .wiki. Can a .wiki file be renamed to a .md and used?

I used git to clone the wiki directory as by the github help info and got indeed all .md files in jallib.wiki. The help info tells us that the extension of the file determines the used markup syntax in the wiki! The original (GoogleCode) jallib wikis should be converted to Markdown syntax, the extension changed to .md and then the modified files can replace the github wikis.

I have changed my "createdswikis.py" script and it now generates .md files, except it generates html tags for tables. But I had some trouble to commit and push the modified wikis. The error message I got wasn't very informative and I couldn't find anything useful in the help info. But I found out (it is my interpretation) that the (cloned) directory 'jˁallib.wiki' behaves as a sub-repository of jallib. Normally I do all the git operations with 'jallib' as the current working directory, but I had to switch to 'jallib/jallib.wiki' as current working directory to be able to commit and push the modified wikis. I try to get familiar with git and have abandoned subversion, so I do not know how this works with subversion!

Regards, Rob.


--
*Rob H*amerling - http://www.robh.nl

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/jallib.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to