From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Audiobookfan
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 10:00 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] My wayward Books Folder

Miriam,

When you perform the transfer to your SD card, do you transfer the entire
folder or just the files inside the folder? I'm wondering if the program
you're using to transfer the files is removing them once they are
transferred. If you're specifying the folder to transfer, it may be removing
it once it's been transferred. Just a thought.

Jeff

On 2/8/2018 11:23 AM, Miriam Vieni wrote:
> So the last time I constructed that folder, I looked each day for 3 or
> 4 days and the folder was sitting there, obediently waiting. Then I
> downloaded The Newyorker and placed it in the folder. I transferred it
> to my second gen stream with the companion software because I'm
> accustomed to transferring and opening books that way. I read the
> articles I wanted to read. And then later, I was emailing to someone
> about another issue I had and I remembered the books folder so I
> checked back to see if it was still in Documents and, lo and behold, it
had disappeared.

> Miriam

might have a poltergeist in your new home.