Well, at least I can then say that I have learned something new, although not working, and can read some books, and listen to some music, do the mail: etc. I thought this was the case, because saw an unemployment rate for the blind of 70 to 80 percent and often say would the sighted population put up with that? Why do we as blind people put up with it? Karen

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Date sent: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 14:28:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] my questions: about Jaws and the
computer:

hello well speaking from my experience I have not gotten a job
doing
anything on the computer or off of it so the idea of jaws helping
people try
to find work is kind of a joke at least it has been my
experience.  when you
think that 99.9 percent of people 1 have never herd of jaws or
screen
readers or adaptive technology and 2 people still wont give blind
people a
brake where jobs are concerned then I really don't think this is
going to
change any time soon and also another point 3 most adaptive
technology like
jaws etc is to expensive for most blind people to be able to pay
for on
there own and so because it is so expensive it is really not
worth spending
that much money on. I mean sure I have jaws and I use it every
day but to
just get jaws and all this adaptive equipment just for the hope
of trying to
find a job is kind of pointless because the un employment rates
are so high
and amounst blind people it is really high and I don't see that
changing any
time soon. well I will get off my sope box now. from Mich
Verrier.

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
http://www.blind-computing.com
Address for the list archives:
To post to this group, send email to
jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
For help from Mailman with your account Put the word help in the
subject or body of a blank message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you wish to join the Blind Computing list send a blank email
to the following address:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com