Ah OK. Not sure what an "alt-gr" is :), but such alt-ctrl combinations on either side of the spacebar are used with other keys. Thanks for the suggestion, I did diddle with them in case something was awry with the US English keyboard setting in control panel. ;)

Brad

On 11/22/2011  06:25 AM Flor Lynch said...
Well, in the UK and Ireland our right alt key is given the alt-gr, or control + alt keys put together in one, functionality, which often forms the basis for accented letters. The left alt key by itself is then absolutely necessary.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Dunse'" <li...@braddunsemusic.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2011 1:17 AM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Solved with question/ was Re: Alternate vioce

Flor,

I think you had a missing key there :). Indeed I've checked both of those previously ;).

Brad

On 11/21/2011  06:34 PM Flor Lynch said...
What country keyboard layout? Press alt+shift (presumably the right alt key) to cycle between the different keyboard layouts on your computer. you could test the left alt key on a different keyboard layout should you have one.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Dunse'" <li...@braddunsemusic.com>