From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of jim
Sent: Sunday, September 06, 2015 12:19 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] W 8.1 upgrade

When using the Microsoft media creation tool on an older windows 7 computer.
Be patient, it may take you several times to complete the upgrade
successfully.
if and when the upgrade fails.
Check for updates, restart your computer.
Go, to device manager, check manually, for driver updates.
I updated a friends older windows 7 computer, the one thing which was
holding back the upgrade was a graphics card driver update.
After I manually updated this, the upgrade went through.
his computer runs w-10 just fine now.
I have made audio and txt files for my windows 10 and jaws yahoo group.
Here is the steps for upgrading to W-10, which I have previously shared with
the Jaws users list.

*Upgrading to Windows 10 with jaws 16.
go to:
http://www.freedomscientific.com/Support/TechnicalSupport/Windows10Upgrade
Download the tool called utility tool, leave it in your download folder.
Download jaws 16.0.4350, leave it in your download folder for future use.
Download the Microsoft media creation tool at:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
On this web page, Go to download link now 64 bit version or 32 bit version
depending on what system you have.
Download the tool and save it to your download folder for future use.
Leave all three of these downloads in your download folder.
Now, if you have not reserved windows 10, please do so.
press enter on the get windows 10 icon in the notification area.
go down the page and fill in your email address ext. this gives you a
verification email.
Now, restart your computer.
check for updates, install any updates, restart to make sure you have all
the latest updates.
Now you are ready to begin the upgrade to windows 10.
Run the jaws utility tool, this will get rid of any jaws fragmented files
and so on from your system.
Run the media creation tool.
yes, for your users account warning.
Choose, update this computer now and press enter.
you are now in an ongoing and updating dialog which says:
Windows 10 is being downloaded, continue using your computer.
This could take anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes, depending on your
download speed.
When it is done downloading, it will go through several screens itself
updating your computer and will get it ready for windows 10.
Next, there will be a screen asking you to except the license agreement,
check the yes and press enter on next.
Again, the program will run through several screens by itself.
Next, press enter on install.
now you will have no speech, this install takes 45 to 60 minutes to
complete.
After 1 hour, press the Windows key+enter key to turn on narrator.
Wait for a few minutes if it does not come on right away.
Almost done.
press the next button.
choose express settings.
press the next button.
if done right, in about 10 to 15 minutes, jaws will come on talking on the
desktop.
very important, uninstall jaws.
Keep shared settings and personal settings.
Reinstall jaws, no need for a restart here, jaws will come on talking with
all your settings, except for 2 of them.
Redo your shortcut key, control+ALT+j.
Redo the setting to have jaws come on at the log-on screen.
For whatever reason if the media tool fails the first time.
Check for updates, restart your computer.
Check to see if a graphics card driver update is available.
Run the Microsoft media creation tool again.