> My personal opinion is that Emacs should become a little more user-friendly,
> otherwise IDEs like JBuilder and WebSphere Studio Enterprise Developer WILL
> take over, and Emacs will become a notepad on steroids. I don't know about
> you, but I have a tough time remembering just a few function names, not to
> mention the several hundred that JDEE/Emacs offer. GUI isn't such a bad
> thing. Let's face it, we're living in the 21st Century.
Maybe I am too old for modern 21st century apps. Maybe not. I even used
Linux with kernel version below 1.0.0, don't exactly remember which one.
During my development career I used many advanced IDEs: Borland Pascal,
Delphi, Borland C++ builder, JBuilder and some other. At last I fallen
in love to emacs and after starting programming in Java to JDEE for
emacs.
Look, Emacs shouldn't be user friendly because it isn't for users.
Emacs is for developers so it should be developers friendly. And it is!
I assume you are Java programmer. If you have troubles with remembering
just few function names how can you be good Java programmer? Java has
much more classes and methods. And each new JDK release offers next sets
of packages with classes.
Development is all about learning. If just don't like learning change
your duty.
Actually I am not going to force you use emacs+jdee or other IDEs or
change your programming habits. Emacs+JDEE is for java developers as
well as other Java Builders. They are simply for different kind of
developers.
Don't change emacs! I love it as is. If you don't like it switch to
different IDE.

PS. Please, please don't send copy of your e-mails to my address.
I read jdee mailing list regularly so I don't need copies of each
mail.

regards
Artur Hefczyc
--