On Wed, 04 Dec 2002, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Emacs IS changing. The question is, is the change fast enough.

As far as I can tell, Gnus, in its infancy, used to be horrible.
Other newsreaders blew it away.  Now, it does things other
newsreaders can't dream of doing.

Emacs had the issue that it is written in an Elisp Virtual
Machine, while its Java IDE development needed to talk to a Java
Virtual Machine.  I believe most popular java editors are written
in java so they didn't have this issue.

But, now, the JDEE is close to on-par with the best IDE's for
java while giving the java development experience the Emacs
flavor, which we can all appreciate.

So, in the same view as Gnus, I can't imagine how powerful the
JDE will be a year from now for coding java.

--
Galen Boyer