The plan looks good to me.
I'm also thinking about dropping the .NET 2.0 support in Windows installer
and windows-slave-installer. If we drop Java 7, I would like to join the
party and to announce the .NET2 and 3.5 deprecation and selection of .NET4
as a baseline.

.NET 4 is 5 years old && available on Operating systems including the
latest Windows XP service pack. The situation with Embedded Windows
versions is a bit worse, so we may still impact a particular subset of
users.

If there is no strong -1s, I will start a standalone discussion of it.

P.S: Maybe we also want to discontinue support of Windows 32 bit systems
and other such stuff. But it's very debatable