I had added this subject to the gov meeting for tonight since there hasn't
been strong pushback for 6 weeks.
But as I will most likely not be able to be present (in 13' now), I don't
know if this should be kept or not in the agenda.

I think that the plan proposed by Oliver would still work though: I.e.
start in ~3 months from now or so to upgrade the baseline for weeklies.
This would probably give enough time to address the potential issues left
for Windows developers.

We will be able to just postpone the switch a bit more if needed. Still
announcing the switch, because giving possibly more time for users to
react/ack that is anyway not going to be useless.

Le 7 déc. 2016 3:23 PM, "Jesse Glick" <jgl...@cloudbees.com> a écrit :

On Wed, Dec 7, 2016 at 7:01 AM, James Nord <jn...@cloudbees.com> wrote:
> The code does not pass tests on windows.  Using java8 you force me to use
> Virtual machine

Can you be more specific about the problems you have? What tests do
not pass? On Java 8 only you mean? If there are mistakes in tests, we
should fix them ASAP. Even when (nominally) supporting Java 7 for
runtime, JDK 8 is the preferred build environment.