While this thread is quiet, between the previous rounds of discussions in
Jenkins World contributor summit and the recent mailing list discussion, I
think there's a consensus of the general problem space. I intend to accept
this JEP here <https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/pull/55> within several
days.  So please roll in your +1s!

Tyler will be working on this area, and he has been championing the
education/arming of users as well as making Jenkins accessible to the
broader users, on top of all the other things he has worked on over the
past decade. I think he's well qualified to drive this effort, and as such
I intend to delegate subsequent JEPs in this space to Tyler.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi