On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:20 AM, Frederik Ramm <frede...@remote.org> wrote:
> But honestly, what would you say from a user interface perspective; should
> we try and keep changesets open? What JOSM currently does is open changeset

What I would like to see is that JOSM works like a wiki : when I click
on the upload button and it shows me it succeeded, then I know it is
stored in the database. I want to be able to control the duration of
my edit session.
Look the wiki logs, some people save every minute their small changes
and write only a comment at the last one. Others prefer to work
offline for a long period and make a big upload with or without
comments because they think that the upload content is
self-descriptive.
If the new API allows empty commit comments, I don't see why JOSM is
forcing some content here. It is of course a good practice to write
something and we can recommend people to do so and make advertising
for it. But if contributors don't want to describe what they upload,
you cannot and you will not be able to force them. Even if you find a
way to request less frequently this comment.

Pieren