Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason wrote:

>> Even if it's only "fuck you"? Because that's the sort of crap we'll
>> get in the database because JOSM is forcing commit messages on people.
>
> Yes, if the user so dislikes being communicative then let him put "fuck
> you" there and be surprised why his edits get reverted more often than
> others.

If a user gets his changes reverted more often because of the message he
writes, than I think the system is wrong, not the message. Edits should be
judged on the edit, not on the message that accompanies it.

> Honestly, the commit comment is important and if someone who has made an
> effort to map something cannot be bothered to spend 5 seconds of his
> time (thus making things VERY much easier for everyone else) then I'd
> politely ask him to find another crowdsourcing project to contribute to.

I must say that the first time I heard from this message was because of this
thread. Any documentation on why this is such an important issue and what is
expected to be put in there?

Maarten