I installed Aquamail on my phone this morning.

Golly it goes on far more easily than K9 - three different email addresses
and all working well.

I'll run it alongside K9 whilst I come to terms with its niceties. And
there is an active supporters forum which is  reassuring.

I've had K9 for ages but loyalty is not enough to keep me with it if there
is no active support from the developer.

Tony