> "As to the other part about stressing the plane, at least in the case
of a KR, they are pretty tough and in any case there is always staying
below maneuvering speed . . ."

As soon as I'd sent the email I realized I'd left out that extremely
important point . . . to slow down.  I wish my Juno email was more
idiot-proof.  I followed that first email with an addendum regarding
slowing down, something I'd left out of the first email in my haste to
hit the "send" button.  The second email got sent to my own email instead
of KRNET, so that point you make got left out.   Yes, getting down to
maneuvering speed is extremely important.

Re an autopilot and artificial horizon, some of them have an artificial
horizon as part their system.  That's probably what your Chaptyer
president was thinking of.  TruTrak had one that incorporated the ADI
(which is what I use for attitude reference) and if one of these systems
had ever come up used I surely would have bought it, but they're rare.
Their other autopilot systems were more popular.  In any case, if the
autopilot system has an AI included, turning off the servos wouldn't
necessarily affect your attitude reference - depends on which system
you've got.  Having an attitude reference is essential in any case.
They're getting amazingly inexpensive - all of the electronics are for we
who fly Experimentals.

Mike
KSEE

America's 'Virus Hero' Is Suddenly Taking Heat
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5eb6ea33acec6a32595dst04vuc1
The Coronavirus Gets Closer to Trump
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5eb6ea332d3a36a32595dst04vuc2
Suspect in Jogger's Death 'Knew Him' From Another Case
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5eb6ea334fc616a32595dst04vuc3