I recall Mike Mimms in building 2644C made his own fiberglass legs.  That bird was / is heavy and if they worked for him it must be doable. That KR is still around and if the current owner could give us some dimensions on the legs maybe other could build same. Any chance you have photos Mark L. ?

In looking at past Gathering photos to find that KR I'm reminded of all the faces I recognize but can't put names to and the many KR's that have been at the Gathering that we never hear of any more.  I've missed one Gathering since attending my first one in 1990 at Rough River, Kentucky and getting my first KR exposure and ride in "Old Blue" with Dan Diehl.  A lot of changes in 30 years. Lean and fat years with the Gatherings with the "fattest" being the 2004 era with 20 or so KR's and 100+ at the awards banquet. Where have all the builders / fliers gone?

Larry Flesner