On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Michal Hriň <michal.h...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Dňa Wed, 11 Sep 2013 11:43:39 +0200 Pedro Albuquerque
> <palbuquerqu...@gmail.com> napísal:
>

>> Hi again,
>> Do mdtext files need to be encoded? If visualized in my browser, all
>> letters with accents and "ç", "ª", etc. look funny.
>> What about these strings between square brackets, [roots of Apache
>> OpenOffice] do we translate them?
>> Regards,
>> Pedro.
>>

> It seems that text in square brackets [] is a link in Markdown and following
> by filename
> in ordinary brackets ().
>
> ex. [name of pedros page](./users/pedro/blabla.html)
>
> So YES translate it.

Correct.  The part in square brackets is the text of the hyperlink, so
it should be translated.

> Here is some reading about Markdown, I think that Rob mentioned it :)
>
> http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/

It is important to read that page, to understand the syntax.  It is
not complicated.  It is much easier than HTML.

> MDTEXT not needed to be encoded, you need text editor that respects UTF-8
> encoding and
>  Unix withechars I think... (Not sure if it is UTF8) .eg. gedit, notepad++,
> kwrite ,...
>
> I'm not sure if browsers can open MDTEXT without everything, I think that
> you need
> webserver with markdown interpret ..

Right.  The browser will not be able to understand the MDText files.
They need to be converted.  But I'd recommend an iterative approach:
translate and send me a new ZIP.  Then I'll upload to the server and
the conversions will occur automatically.  At that point we can review
and see if there are any errors.  One most of the translation is
uploaded we can do fine-tuning via the CMS web interface.  At that
point no one needs to wait for me.

-Rob