HI All, by way of introducing myself as this is my first email on Lace Chat. Name is Carol and I live on the far west side of the Phoenix Valley at the foot of the White Tank Mountains. Hello to my friends back in the western 'burbs of Chicago and Cherry Valley and Rockford, Il who are members of LACE. I have been lurking on Arachne Lace for several years, I never found anything I wanted to say but recently I signed up for Lace Chat. The thread about creepy things and gardening has sent me to the keyboard. Since we live in the desert most of my gardening is in container pots on the patio. Last Saturday morning we had a swarm of bees on the Texas Ebony tree out front. They came some time Friday during the day and left by 8:30 a.m. Saturday when I went out to get the paper. After getting the paper I went out on the patio in back to water my plants and was watering, watering, watering - did my hibiscus and about to started on my basil.... I looked down - to make sure I didn't get water all over the patio I guess, and there was a Mohave Rattlesnake curled up in my pot of basil....My legs had been about 4 inches from his head. Scared the daylights out of me....I jumped back about 4 feet and then stood perfectly still.....until I got myself together.... . Up shot was I called the fire department and they came and removed it....We pay for a subscription so if we have a fire they will come and put it out...They will also administer first aid while waiting for the helicopter and remove poisonous reptiles and such. So that's my creepy gardening story.... ewwwwwww....... Tamara, the Epi-something is EpiPen - I used to carry one for bee stings. By the way I have followed your email on Lace and thanks for all the good advice that I have found useful when making lace.
Best Regards to all,
Carol Melton,
Litchfield Park, AZ

To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to