Janet wrote:

Another newbie question for you all.  I am looking at starting to order my equipment
and was wondering what people prefered for a pillow shape and which is considered most
versatile.

Thank you all in advance for your differing opinions!  :-)

Hi Janet,
This is a very timely question for me.  I have lined up a couple of large Torchon
patterns (if you can call Eva-Lissa Kortelahti patterns Torchon) that I want to do.

Some Spiders have mentioned that a cookie pillow past a certain size may be difficult
or uncomfortable to work on larger pieces.  And I have taken that into consideration.

It seems to me that a rectangular piece on the order of 20-30 inches wide would best
be handled on a nice long, large diameter bolster.  No moving up, and the working area
is right in front of you.  Now I just have to make one.  Bolsters are not normally
found in this size all made up.  So it looks like I am going to go into the bolster
making business.

I looked into acquiring an ethafoam cylinder that are used in physical therapy, but
the diameters that are available are fairly pricey and not big enough just to throw a
cover on and make lace.  If I have to pad the roll, I might as well just make it from
scratch.  So I'll start with a piece of cement form cardboard tube and pad it with old
wool blankets.

Patty Dowden