Hello
I made one of Kortelahtis pattern on a flat styrofoam cookie, it was not
such a big pattern and I used a 24 inch pillow and that worked like a charm.
The pattern is from a book, a cottage in the snow with smoke coming out of
the furnace (word?).
Ann-Marie
 http://community.webshots.com/user/annma1
Om det följer med ett vedlegg som heter Sanitizer så
betyder det endast att mitt mail är sanerat från virus
på den server jag tillhör. Det är inget virus.

> Hi Janet,
> This is a very timely question for me.  I have lined up a couple of large
Torchon patterns (if you can call Eva-Lissa Kortelahti patterns Torchon)
that I want to do.

> Some Spiders have mentioned that a cookie pillow past a certain size may
be difficult or uncomfortable to work on larger pieces.  And I have taken
that into consideration.

> It seems to me that a rectangular piece on the order of 20-30 inches wide
would best be handled on a nice long, large diameter bolster.  No moving up,
and the working area is right in front of you.  Now I just have to make one.
Bolsters are not normally found in this size all made up.  So it looks like
I am going to go into the bolster making business.

> I looked into acquiring an ethafoam cylinder that are used in physical
therapy, but the diameters that are available are fairly pricey and not big
enough just to throw a cover on and make lace.  If I have to pad the roll, I
might as well just make it from scratch.  So I'll start with a piece of
cement form cardboard tube and pad it with old wool blankets.