i think it would be good on practice patterns.  something you plan to
take apart a few or more times would benefit from it.  i wonder if it
leaves gaps in the lace when it wears off and loosens the thread.  it
should keep the thread cleaner too.  i am pretty sure they sell it like
that, unless my memory is just off.  i'll have to check it out.

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I REALLY dislike this idea.  When I've waxed thread before it feels
> different (of course, it's been rubbed in wax).  It makes the thread
> stiffer.
>
> One of my lace teachers has told me that you should attempt to touch
> your threads as little as possible while you are making the lace, to
> try to
> keep the oils on your skin from rubbing off on the lace.  I'm not
> sure I agree with this either, but I'm sure that I wouldn't want to
> add anything
> to my threads that will need to be washed off when the lace is
> finished.
>
> Orla
>
> On Wed Jul 27  9:42 , susan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:
>
> >i was reading up on handspun sewing thread and it suggests to run it
> >through bees wax before they start their sewing.  does any one think
> it
> >would have a bad affect to run the lace thread through the wax?  it
> >might stop the unwinding and unrolling of the thread.
> >
> >from susan in tennessee,u.s.a.

> >[EMAIL PROTECTED]

from susan in tennessee,u.s.a.