Andrea, I have just looked in my copy of that book and with 41 pairs in that
edging I think that it is a real effort on your part to complete a yard and
half in three weeks, well done I am sure she will like it, it's a very
pretty pattern.
Happy lacing
Sue M Harvey
Norfolk UK

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Andrea Lamble
Sent: 18 August 2006 18:35
To: [email protected]
Subject: [lace] Finished garter


Hi all,

Hoorah, I've just finished making a whole yard of two and a hlaf inch wide
Bucks Point lace (Honey Bees pattern from Stott and Cook's 100 Traditional
Bobbin Lace Patterns) for a garter for my step-sister's wedding in September
- only started it 3 weeks ago and thought it would take me much longer to
complete the length.

I've managed to load pictures on to the Arachne webshots album if anyone is
interested.  I used Pipers spun silk, 140/3 which was a dream to work with
(only broke one thread in the whole piece and that was in the picot edge
bundle so was not a problem) and the lace has a nice soft drapy feel. Just
hope the bride likes it and appreciates the hours of work.

This seems to be the link to my album:

http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=55327388
1&security=iPvKNN

(don't know how to do these tiny url's)

or go to:

http://community.webshots.com/user/arachne2003/2 and look for my folder
(Andrea Lamble).

Have to decide what to make now to fill the gap in my life! Mind you might
have to get the duster and vacuum cleaner out of hibernation as DH returns
from a month spent in the Czech Republic tomorrow.

Regards

Andrea Lamble
Cambridge, UK.

_________________________________________________________________
Windows LiveĀ™ Messenger has arrived. Click here to download it for free!
http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=en-gb

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-
To unsubscribe send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to