I'm going to have to read these messages more in depth when I'm not
doing a quick e-mail check from work.  I'm really interested in seeing
how you guys are doing this pattern without sewings since when I
started working on this project about a year ago I didn't have a clue
on how these verticals were done.  My solution was to ask a couple of
lists (SCA Lace and possibly this one) how the verticals were supposed
to be done.  The two solutions offered were a)work the vertical and
remove those 4 bobbins at the footside then add them again at the top
which people said was unlikely or b) do the method that I am using with
the sewings.

I'd love to find a different way of doing those verticals since they
appear in several Le Pompe patterns.  However since I only have 3
repeats left on this hankie it's a change that will have to appear in
future pieces.

Orla