On Jan 31, 2007, at 22:06, Noelene Lafferty wrote:

This interesting exchange on Le Pompe explains a little to me why each
pattern in Claire Burkhard's books (50 Patterns, 10 Pair and Fun with
Corners) are such a challenge to start with for me with their changes in direction, dropping out pairs then bring them back in again, etc. Once I've done one, it all makes sense, but it's always a bit of a puzzle when I
start one.

Yeah, Burkhard is *great*. I have been in awe of her ever since I got the 50 Patterns (have the other two now also, but they are later); she gets more bang out of a cleverly manipulated pair than anyone else I "know". Great fun and learning made easy :)
--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/